This documentation is also available on the MyLO Documentation portal: https://my.lwv.org/mylo/add-action-alert
Action Alerts allow you to prompt your audience to take an action during a specified period of time. You can also subscribe to other Leagues' action alerts. You add action alerts to your MyLO site one by one, and they dynamically fill the page as the League adds alerts (or gets alerts from a subscribed League).
Your action alerts will always be found at:
- https://my.lwv.org/state-league/local-league/action-alerts (for local Leagues)
- https://my.lwv.org/state-league/action-alerts (for state Leagues)
- Note: the sections highlighted in yellow are custom to your League. e.g. The LA League Webmaster would find her action alerts on https://my.lwv.org/california/los-angeles/action-alerts.
Follow these steps along with the attachements as your guides to create a new action alert.
- While on your homepage, expand the Administer League Site menu. You'll find this icon above your site menu.
- From the drop-down list of options, click Add Action Alert. This will open a new draft of a new action alert.
- Add a Title.
- Time Range for Action Alert: Specify the duration of the action alert with start and end dates.
- ISSUES REFERENCED BY THIS ACTION ALERT: Add related issue(s) to the action alert. This list is comprised of the current issues at the National League and California League. If you would like issue topics added, please email MyLO Support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- POSITIONS REFERENCED BY THIS ALERT: Add related position(s) to the action alert. The list is all-inclusive (all Leagues displayed) and the positions are in order by position title then League name.
- THIS ACTION ALERT IS RELATED TO WHICH COMMITTEES: Add related committee(s). This list also all-inclusive, but the League follows the name of each committee.
- RELATED EVENT: Add related event(s). This list is in chronological order and is all-inclusive.
- Location: Add the location that this action alert will take place.
- MAIN IMAGE: Add a main image that will serve as the header of the action alert's page. You can upload a new image, or grab an existing one from the Media Library.
- BODY: Add text to the Body.
- (Edit summary): Add a short blurb about the action alert. This summary displays when you promote the action alert to the front page. For help with editing the summary, check out this documentation: https://my.lwv.org/mylo/using-summary-option.
- BODY WITH EMBED CODE: If more space is needed, add an additional text box or add embed code (e.g. embed code for an event registration widget).
- Downloads/ATTACH MEDIA: Add attachments/downloads. These items will only display as a link on the page (to be opened in a new tab).
- JOIN THE CONVERSATION DIRECT LINK: Add a link to a discussion forum related to the action alert.
- FURTHER INFORMATION: If you have an informational webpage, add the link to that page under URL, and under "Title" add the description of the page.
- PUBLIC OR MEMBERS ONLY?: By default, the content is public. You can change it to private so that the content is only viewed by authenticated users (users with login access).
- LEAGUE TO WHICH THIS CONTENT BELONGS: This field remains unchanged.
- Publishing Options:
- Promoted to front page: checking this box will display a preview of the action alert. The summary displays at this point on the homepage. If you do NOT add your own customized summary, the first few lines will automatically be taken as the preview on the homepage.
- MODERATION STATE: If you are happy with your changes, set this state to Published.
- Click Save.
Link to documentation on MyLO: https://my.lwv.org/mylo/create-action-alert.
There are 2 attachments; each file holds the same content/instructions. The only difference between the 2 is the file format: the 1st is an image (jpg), the 2nd is a PDF.