This documentation is also available on the MyLO Documentation portal: https://my.lwv.org/mylo/add-event
You can create events such as meetings, luncheons, and more! For each event, you can specify date & time, location, and registration unique to each event. As you create events, each one begins to dynamically fill the calendar page.
Your League's Calendar page will be found at:
- https://my.lwv.org/state-league/local-league/action-alerts (for local Leagues)
- https://my.lwv.org/state-league/action-alerts (for state Leagues)
- Note: the sections highlighted in yellow are custom to your League. e.g. The LA League Webmaster would find her calendar on https://my.lwv.org/california/los-angeles/calendar, while the South Carolina Webmaster will find her calendar at https://my.lwv.org/south-carolina/calendar.
Follow these steps along with the attachments as your guides to create a new calendar event.
- While on your homepage, expand theAdminister League Site menu. You'll find this icon above your site menu.
- From the drop-down list of options, clickAdd Event. This will open a new draft of a new event.
- Add a Title of event.
- MAIN IMAGE: Add a main image that will serve as the header of the article's page. You can upload a new image, or search for an existing one from the Media Library.
- Event Date: Add date and start time of event. You can also add the end date and time (enable "Show End Date").
- Location: Add the location of the event. Once published, this address will become a link to Google Maps.
- BODY:Add text to the Body. Format text as needed.
- (Edit summary): Add a short blurb about the article. This summary displays when you promote the article to the front page/homepage. To edit the summary, you'll find the link next to the title of the Body text box. For help with editing the summary, check out this documentation: https://my.lwv.org/mylo/using-summary-option.
- BODY WITH EMBED CODE: If more space is needed, add an additional text box or add embed code (e.g. embed code for an event registration widget).
- Contact Info: Add the member's contact info (name & phone number) that will be in charge of this event.
- Co-hosting Leagues: Choose League(s) that you are collaborating with on this event (MyLO Leagues only).
- Additional Event Hosts:You can add non-League partners. Add the event host's name and URL to their website/informational page.
- Add another item: You can add as many other event hosts here as needed.
- Event Registration: Add the URL/link to the registration page if attendees must register through a 3rd party system.
- Post Event Details: Once your event is over, you can add the event minutes and/or images taken at the event.
- TAGS: Add search terms to the event so that it's searchable via those terms.
- ISSUES REFERENCED BY THIS EVENT: Add related issue(s) to the event. This list is comprised of the current issues at the National League and California League. If you would like issue topics added, please email MyLO Support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- POSITIONS REFERENCED BY THIS EVENT: Add related position(s) to the event. The list is all-inclusive (all Leagues displayed) and the positions are in order by position title then League name.
- THIS EVENT IS RELATED TO WHICH COMMITTEES: Add related committee(s). This list also all-inclusive, but the League follows the name of each committee.
- PUBLIC OR MEMBERS ONLY?: By default, the event is public. You can change it to private so that the event is only viewable by authenticated users (users with login access).
- LEAGUE TO WHICH THIS CONTENT BELONGS: This field remains unchanged.
- Publishing Options:
- Promoted to front page: checking this box will display a preview of the event on the homepage. When this option is enabled, the summary displays on the homepage. If you do NOT add your own customized summary, the first few lines of the event will automatically be taken as the preview on the homepage.
- MODERATION STATE: If you are happy with your changes, set this state to Published.
- Click Save.
Follow this link to open this documentation in MyLO: https://my.lwv.org/mylo/add-event.
There are 2 attachments; each file holds the same content/instructions. The only difference between the 2 is the file format: the 1st is a PDF, the 2nd is an image (jpg).